Where agri meets tech
Whether you’re dreaming of developing the latest saas products in a fully agile environment, or you’re looking for a place that offers career progression, autonomy and an opportunity to make a difference – you’ll find it at Figured.
We’re an award-winning start-up on a mission to change the way farmers, accountants and advisers make financial sense of farming. We love what we do, and we are prepared to roll up our sleeves and get our gumboots dirty (don’t worry, you won’t actually have to wear gumboots).
Who are we?
Our culture is second to none; we have people from all walks of life – from young farmers wanting to give back to the industry in a new way, to gadget junkies that geek-out about the latest tech and love the start-up challenge. We love building cool tech, working with like-minded individuals and bringing this vision to life.
We’re pumped about our great partnerships with Xero, ASB, BNZ and progressive accounting practices across NZ and Australia. And as winners of the Xero Emerging Partner of the Year (2015) and winner of the NZ Hi-Tech Start Up of the Year Awards 2016, it seems that others think we’re alright too.
Make an impact
At Figured, you’ll be a part of a team that is improving business for one of the most substantial industries in New Zealand and Australia. We are committed to changing the way the rural sector works together, collaboratively creating a more profitable future for our farmers.
It is a strong, promising and rewarding sector to be in – and we’re excited to be doing our part in bringing change to the industry.
Life at Figured
We rock a flexible, social and fun work environment where celebrating success and rewarding performance is a part of every day, where challenging ideas is encouraged, where staff are empowered to drive their career progression, and where an excuse for cake is always welcomed.
We have the latest tech to help you do your job, and our modern office space encourages collaboration and open discussion in a work-hard-play-hard environment. You can leave the suit at home, as long as you bring the good banter, a sense of humour and a drive to get results.
What makes us awesome
Our values are important to us, they aren’t slogans we smash out on our wall; they say a lot about how we behave, interact with others and make decisions. Let’s be honest here, you’re awesome, we’re awesome but to make sure our awesomeness is compatible, we need to sync up on these values:
- Give a damn – we give a damn about you and expect you to give a damn about yourself, your workmates and our customers and partners.
- Be really, really curious – curious about the world we live in and the business we do, seek to understand our strategy and the problems faced by our customers and partners.
- Be authentic – by bringing your real self to work, you’re bringing work to life, we hired you because we rate you, so continue to be that person.
- Be coachable – we expect you to always want to be better at what you do and know that requires seeking out feedback, remaining open to new ideas, to seek advice when you’re struggling and to take ownership of your development and that of others.
- Set high standards – you don’t need a rulebook that tells you what’s right and wrong because you set high standards yourself and expect high standards from others.
- Results matters – you hold yourself and others accountable, results only come from owning them, we love the autonomy and freedom work provides and you use that to achieve great results.
- Don’t be a dick – I’m sure this one doesn’t need much explaining. You’re respectful, kind and thoughtful to your workmates, working environment, customers, partners and our brand; in a conflict you will find a constructive way to express yourself.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of?
We look for self-starters, hungry to make a difference and set high standards for themselves. Below are some of the current vacancies we have going at the mo.
Senior PHP Developer – Laravel (Auckland)
Build a high-demand, fast growing SaaS product that’s truly disrupting the Ag financial market and making a huge difference to the industry. You will play with the latest stack and enjoy our cutting edge rapid/iterative development style.
We’re always open to the following:
If you’re a PHP developer with great product development experience across the latest MVC frameworks or someone with great experience within the financial or ag industry and have a passion for emerging cloud tech, then we want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about opportunities.
What our people say
“I love my new job at Figured. Awesome people, nice technology, a great partner in Xero and the best part – doing good stuff for farming NZ”
Dave Dodds, GM Customer & Product
“It never really feels like work – it’s more like a bustling, busy family that you chose to be a part of.”
Zainab Al-Anbuky, Head of Talent
“Two months in and I’m still stoked to be a part of the Figured team. I’ve got great support from my team, and endless opportunities to collaborate and contribute to other parts of the business. It really is what you make of it!”
Mike Dawson, Customer Success
“I love Figured because it doesn’t feel like it’s work. I love the people I work with, and the impact we are making in the ag sector which I’m so passionate about!”
Sophie Stanley, Head of Rural
“We’ve got the chance to change an industry, and you can see the progress we’re making every day. That’s really exciting, and everyone here understands that and is invested in the outcome.”
Ben Duggan, Product Owner, Australia
“Getting up in the morning is easy when I work with a range of talented and inspirational people. The culture and environment that Figured offers makes the choice to come in each day easy.”
Scott Campbell, Customer Success Team Lead